Friday 28 March 2014

Recharge Audio


By Laura a.k.a Miss Vengeance

This week I took some time out with Leon Bailey, and asked him some questions about his job, his role with Mor Music Group, and what the futures holds. Here's what he had to say:


1) What is your job at 'Recharge Audio'?

Recharge Audio is my audio services business and I work as an audio engineer.


2) What sort of roles does your job include?

My job can be really varied (one of my favourite things about it!) but the main things I’m doing for clients at the moment are mastering and music production.


3) What made you want to work with Mor Music Group? How did you get in touch with Mor Music Group founder Bemi?

We both did the Enterprise Inc. programme and Bemi got in touch after I posted my website on the Enterprise Inc. Facebook group page. It’s always nice to work with other creative people in the East Midlands and Bemi seemed really cool when we spoke on the phone.


4) How are you finding your job? Was it something you've always wanted to do?

Challenging! There’s always something different to do every week and I get to work with some really talented people as well which is great. My first love in music is DJing + electronic music production - I produce D&B at the moment with two friends under the name Chromatic. I’m going to be doing more of that this year, but I also love engineering for my clients and get great satisfaction from a job well done.


5) How long have you been doing this job? Are you enjoying it?

I’ve been doing audio engineering for about three years now and producing music + DJing for about twelve years – really enjoy it and am learning more & more every single day.


6) Where do you want to be in 5 years time, would you ever consider working overseas?

Hopefully in five years, I’ll be lounging on a hot sunny beach somewhere! In all seriousness though I hope to be well established, working hard and having fun – would love to work overseas at some point for sure.


7) Have you worked with anyone famous or anyone we have heard of?
Most of my clients are underground artists and labels, but I have remixed tracks by DJ Fresh and MC Spyda for Chromatic as well as being booked to DJ at raves alongside people such as Sub Focus, Skream, Rudimental and Andy C.


8) What does the future hold for Leon Bailey?

Hopefully good things and more memorable times!


9) How are you finding working with Mor Music Group?

Good so far – very professional people! Looking forward to mastering some stuff for Mor Music Group over the next few months.


10) Have you any advice for guys and girls out there who are interested in this type of job?

Make the most of any opportunities you are offered, as you might not get the chance again. Also, make a big effort to get to know like-minded people locally. Not only will you make some good contacts, but you’ll also meet some really interesting people!


Below are the contact details for Recharge audio:

www.facebook.com/chromaticuk (our artist page)

soundcloud.com/chromatic-music (SoundCloud page)

twitter.com/rechargeaudio

facebook.com/rechargeaudio


No comments:

Post a Comment