Thursday 6 March 2014

Laura interviews founder of Kareena- ann photography







I recently interviewed photographer Kareena. Here’s what she has to say:

Thanks for taking time out for this, I really appreciate it.......


What made you want to be a photographer?
I started out studying media studies at GCSE level. For a project we had to design a magazine cover and 4 pages of content. I decided to do a fashion and makeup magazine, so I photographed a friend wearing a variety of clothes and used different wallpapers around her house as backgrounds. My teacher then told me that I put a lot of thought into the images and that I had a creative spark. I then moved onto A-level media and found myself reaching for my digital camera for almost every project we were set. So I then took the advice of another teacher who spotted my photographic talent and studied A-level photography where I gained ‘A’ grades. Then there was no going back because I had found my passion.


How are you finding photography, is it what you expected it to be?
It is everything and more than I had expected it to be, those 5 years ago when I started it at college. I enjoy it more and more each time I do a photo shoot or event.



What was it like working with Matt R on his photo shoot?
Me and Matt R had been planning a photo shoot for a long time so it was good to finally get round to working with him. He knew exactly what style and outcome he wanted for the shoot, but he welcomed my own creative input. It’s so nice to see him doing well in the music business and also to see him using my images online.


Have you photographed anyone famous or anyone who we might have heard of?
Unfortunately I have not photographed anyone famous…yet! My dream celebrities I would love to photograph are Johnny Depp, Lady Gaga and Katy Perry.


What camera equipment do you use for your shoots?
I own a Canon DSLR, canon flash and various lenses. When in the studio I use a variety of lights.


Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
I would love to be doing freelance photography work full-time, hopefully owning a business/studio.


Do you enjoy your work, if so why do you enjoy it?
I always enjoy photography, no matter what the subject is. I love being creative, putting things together such as outfits and the makeup to then finally take the photos. I have always got something creative going on in my head, even watching TV, I will spot someone’s quirky outfit for example and instantly think of a photo shoot I want to put together.


What’s the best part of photography for you?
There are two best parts for me, the first one being, documenting memories for other people, so for example maternity photos or weddings. Secondly, I love working on fashion style shoots, pulling all elements of art together e.g. clothes, makeup, hair, modelling and putting them into one piece of work that will capture people's eye and imagination.


What type of photography work do you do? How many other types of photography work are out there?
There are endless amounts of types of photography out there. You name it; someone is probably taking a photo of it. Everywhere you go there are photos.

I started out mainly photographing models for fashion/editorial style projects at university, but then I got more into standard portraits including maternity and toddlers. I then did my first christening in 2012 and my first wedding in 2013. And recently in January 2014 I did my first product photo shoot, which was for a local dog sitting company who make their own blankets, and collar/neckerchiefs for pets.



What advice would you give to young aspiring photographers out there?
Simple, don’t give up. I struggled in my first year at university because I was set projects that I didn’t like and couldn’t get my head around all the advance technical things. But I realised I just needed to keep photographing things and people, doing what I love and the rest would come along with it. I was always worrying that everyone was better than me, but here I am with a photography degree at 23 years old.





Below are the Facebook page and website link for Kareena-ann photography:





No comments:

Post a Comment