Wednesday 6 November 2013

Matt R’s upcoming 2014 single collaboration with Jeth Infinite by Laura a.k.a Miss Vengeance



Check out the interview I conducted with solo artist Matt R.  This time the interview focuses on his upcoming single with artist Jeth Infinite.



Hey Matt, thanks again for another interview, how are you?

Yeah, I’m not bad thanks, been ill with a throat infection, but I'm better now. I was on antibiotics, and I lost them (laughs).

Alright sweet, so here we go!


You’re working on a new single, how's that going so far?

Yeah it’s going really good; it’s more in my comfort zone. I wrote all the lyrics and I got the beats done by a young up and coming producer. I can’t wait to go into the studio and start recording the vocals.


You’re working with artist Jeth Infinite, how did you two meet and end up working together on this single?

I've known him for about 4 years now.  I’ve seen a few of his YouTube videos and found out he went to the same college as me. He’s got a really good fan base, and I thought he was one person I wanted to work with.


What is it like working with Jeth, and working with another artist as you are a solo artist?

 I’m his friend, on the music side of things he’s reliable, but to be honest I’d rather work as a solo artist. But if I could have a whole album, I would do it with him. Jeth isn't signed to a record label, but he’s hardworking, and hard work is all I need

What is the song about or are you still working on it?

It won’t be released until early 2014. The main concept is me in a club, everybody watching me perform. It’s like I’m gonna tear down the stage. It’s  just something I thought of, and wrote down. It’s the kind of music you can interpret in your own way.


How does it feel now that you are where you want to be?

It takes a lot of weight off my shoulders.  I have the support of Mor Music Group, and Bemi (Mor Music Group Founder) is supporting me and pushing me further. There’s a lot more of me to come with Bemi’s support, there’s a lot more direction, and it’s gonna help me be a well-established artist.



Now you’re in the music industry where do you want to go from here?

One of my main dreams since I've been young is to perform in America, even just for one day. I’d love to go to LA, on the music end, Chris Brown is one of my inspirations.  



Do you want to collaborate with any other artists in the future or just focus on solo work?

I'd love to collaborate with anyone, as long as they are hardworking, trusting and reliable, then yeah I don’t mind working with them.



Have you got any advice for any young people out there who want to pursue a career in the music industry?


The key is don’t take no for an answer. If someone says no to you, take it as a criticism, but you can’t just sit back. Work hard on your talent, and as long as you want something, just go out and get it. Nothing will come handed to you on a platter; you have to go out, and be determined to get it.


You can follow Matt R on Twitter@Matthew Ronline


No comments:

Post a Comment