Thursday 14 November 2013

Made in Leicester – Talented 19 year old Producer Beast



By Bemi (Founder Mor Music Group)

Mor Music Group had a talent search for producers back in July. We had an initial problem of obtaining industry standard music production. I discussed the issue with my business advisor, and was introduced to the producers from Manike Music. Manike Music is run by talented duo Maryann and Michael. They are music producers with impressive credits including Universal, Sony, Pepsi, Channel 4, and BBC. (A feature on Manike Music coming soon on this blog). Manike Music agreed to work with our pop act Izzy Fortuin. We were left with one more hurdle - we required a producer for our Hip-hop and R&B songs.

I decided to have a talent search for a Hip-hop and R&B producer. We received numerous responses via social media and email. Many thanks to all the producers who sent their work in for consideration. 

We listened to numerous demos, and one producer stood out - 19 year old up and coming music producer known as Producer Beast. The Mor Music Group artists also listened to his music, and they were all impressed. I had a discussion with Producer Beast, and he had a great personality. He also came highly recommended by one of his previous clients. I was convinced he was the right fit for our team.

The unfinished track (MP3 format) we were working on was sent to Producer Beast, and he was able to recreate a better version of the initial track without the wav files (technical term for the music files). He also integrated my ideas with his interpretation of the song. Most producers I know like to maintain creative control. However, Producer Beast was open to new ideas, as long as it made the music sound better.

When it came down to his payment preference, Producer Beast said to me “Pay me when I’ve finished with a song, and you are happy with the finished product.” Suffice it to say, this is a young man with great work ethics, and integrity.

 

I don’t come across people like Producer Beast every day. When I do, I feel the need to acknowledge people like him in some way. For this reason, I decided to feature Producer Beast this week on our ‘Made in Leicester’ blog series.


Producer Beast continues to work with Mor Music Group. He produced Rakim & Aimee’s upcoming single ‘Now you’re gone’, and is currently working on a single with Matt R.

Producer Beast studied Music Production in college. He is currently studying Music Production at a university in York.

You can follow Producer Beast on Twitter@ProducerBeast

1 comment: