Monday 14 October 2013

Rebecca interviews up and coming artist Izzy Fortuin






Mor Music Group volunteer blogger Rebecca recently interviewed  Izzy Fortuin.



What is it about singing that attracted you to this career?

I've always loved singing but never saw it as a stable career. However, I believe following your dreams is more important than a steady pay-check, and you should take every opportunity to do so.



What has been the biggest obstacle in your singing so far?

Self-confidence always prevented me from performing. However, after a few years travelling independently, I learnt that I'm stronger than I ever gave myself credit for.



How did you get involved with Mor Music Group?

I heard about the audition through my mum who gave me the confidence to go for it. I'm so glad that I did, as I'm finally doing what I love.



What tips would you give to other artists who hope to get signed?

Never give up, no matter what comes your way. Also don't sacrifice your beliefs for a contract, if you love to sing, it won't matter where you do it.

            

What is it like working with Mor Music Group?

It's brilliant. It's such a friendly work environment, there's no competition between the other artists. Bemi (Mor Music Group Founder) is fantastic, she's really passionate about music, and I know she'll push me to the best of my abilities.



Have you ever tried any other ways of getting into the music industry, would you recommend them to other artists?

I've tried reality TV shows before, but the atmosphere was toxic. They treated you like a product rather than focusing on your talent. Which is why I love Mor Music Group, because it's simply about the music.



You've covered Christina Aguilera on the Mor Music Group YouTube channel, is she an idol of yours?

Definitely, I've always admire her powerful vocal range, and I aspire to get my voice up to her level.

            

Who do you love on the current music scene?

I love Ke$ha, she's crazy, and seems to have fun with her music. I also respect Iggy, because from a young age she followed her dreams, and is an inspiration to other artists.

            

A lot of female singers present a sexy image, would you conform to that?

As I've spent a lot of my career working with young children, I want to show young girls that you don't to have to be sexy.  Your body does not dictate who you are.

            

If you hit One Direction level, what will you do in order to stay grounded?

My family, although supportive, won't hesitate to keep me inline, and stop me from becoming fame-obsessed. However, I'm doing this because I love to sing.  If I had to choose between singing or fame I would chose singing every-time.

            

Are you excited to record your new single?

I'm incredibly excited. I'll finally feel like a professional singer.



You can follow Izzy Fortuin on Twitter@IzzyFortuin

2 comments:

  1. Izzy will be a good role model to upcoming young singers. She is a hard working person. I always admire of her thinking & hard working, which is beyond the limits. Well said Izzy. Thanks for mormusic, doing a good job and it’s a good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you following your dreams, Izzy! It's refreshing to find an emerging artist who has a genuine love of music and isn't interested in fame. You're an awesome role model for young people! xx

    ReplyDelete