Thursday 10 October 2013

Laura's interview with rapper Rakim Bailey





Mor Music blogger Laura a.k.a Miss Vengeance recently interviewed rapper Rakim Bailey.


How does it feel to finally be doing something you love?
It feels quite good. I feel content, if you get what I mean.

What do you hope to do with your music?
I hope to work with a lot of main stream artists I really like, for example Frank Ocean who I really enjoy listening to.

What do you think your listeners will get out of listening to your music?
A good vibe I hope, like a good feeling, something they can relate to and relax to.

Who are your influences?
If I had to give a name, it would have to be Frank Ocean. The way he writes his music influences me. Also have to add Slick Rick, as I grew up listening to him.

What is it like to be a rapper?
It’s interesting, I quite enjoy it. I’ve always wanted to be a singer and musician. Being a rapper is good as you have a lot of variety, a lot you can do with it, and you can do a lot of styles.

Do you aspire to make it big internationally? Or do you enjoy being a local rapper?
I aspire to be big and local at the same time - so a bit of both.

Where would you most like to perform?
Something like V festival.

If you could dabble in another genre of music what genre would it be?
Like house music, like Sam Smith, I'd like to do that.

Is there any advice to give to young aspiring rappers out there?
Be yourself, and be original in what you do.  The more you try to copy someone, the more you take away from not being you.

Rakim Bailey’s single with Aimee is due out next month (November 2013).
Check out Rakim's Youtube video:
'Ra ft. Arbaaz Cassim-Like you'




You can follow Rakim Bailey on Twitter@Rakim_B

1 comment:

  1. Great interview good questions. Sounds like a nice guy keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete